More and more phones have, these days, a decent text entry method – be it T9, qwerty keyboard or touch screen. Especially if you own a qwerty phone you might be interested in a good, native text editor application.
I searched, and DEdit came up. It has a ton of features, but more important you can easily edit text files on your phone. From it’s features one can note:
- Remember last editing position in each text-file, that you edit;
- Remember user-defined positions in file
- Use many encodings, ascii and unicode
- Supports editing of big files (several megabytes or even more)
- Easy-to-use one-hand hotkeys
Even more, it has versions for older phones too, like s60v2 not only s60v3. You can find this fine, freeware text editor for your Nokia Symbian phone here: