New menu items don't appear in Joomla 1.5.14

Submit to reddit

I was configuring a Joomla installation for a client today and stumbled upon this little problem. No matter how I tried, new menu items refused to appear. Not only in the front-end, but they were missing in the back-end too. I checked to see, but the PHP settings were all correct. Then I noticed that the WAMP installation used PHP 5.3.0. A quick look on the Joomla Forums confirmed that Joomla has problems with this version of PHP. I went to WAMP Add-ons and installed PHP 5.2.11 and everything returned to normal.

Hope it helps you too.