Apache2 mpm-itk maxclients settings

Submit to reddit

I run the mpm-itk apache2 module on my server since it’s shared between a few sites. A few rogue crawlers brought it down a few days ago and while I was checking the logs I noticed a lot more apache children processes running than I had defined. One quick look in apache2.conf and I noticed my mistake. I had configured under a different prefork module since the default config shipping with debian has no section for itk. So I added it myself:

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
<IfModule mpm_itk_module>
StartServers          8
MinSpareServers       8
MaxSpareServers      10
MaxClients           100
MaxRequestsPerChild  1000
</IfModule>

Of course adjust values according to your resources.