See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at www.sgvulcan.com/covid19.
The BFA in design/technology is a professional training program that prepares students
for careers in theatre, film, and television. Design and technology majors have the
opportunity to participate in six large-scale and several smaller productions each
year. They also participate in the Fault Line Film Festival and vie for summer employment
at regional and national theatre festivals.
The rigorous training and varied experiences of this BFA provides an excellent foundation
for careers in advanced stagecraft and design.
What You'll Do
- Train with experienced faculty and staff in the areas of scenic design and painting,
lighting and sound design, costume design, and construction.
- Prepare for rewarding careers as a professional theatrical designer or technician.
- Study and train in the beautiful River Campus, a multimillion dollar facility devoted
to the visual and performing arts.
- Benefit from an established program of collaboration with professional guest designers
in the areas of scene, lighting, sound and costumes.
- Establish relationships with professional dancers, choreographers, and dance companies
through internships, intensives, dance festivals, and a Senior Showcase in New York
What You'll Study
- TH350 Stage Lighting
- TH361 Scenic Painting
- TH381 Script Analysis
- TH395 Periods and Styles
View College Page
Request InfoApply NowView Degree Map
Previous Degree Maps
Internships & Career Opportunities
- Santa Fe Opera
- Georgia Shakespeare Festival
- Opera Theatre of St Louis
- Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre
- McLeod Summer Playhouse
- Glimmerglass Opera Festival
- Merry Go Round Playhouse
Graduate School Opportunities
- Temple University
- Julliard School of Drama
- Carnegie Mellon University
Costs at Southeast